A material made by Dr. Valerian Dinculescu
- At Capul Dealului,on the Olt Hill, there was given out a settlement from the Bronze Age, the oldest settlement on the territory of the town Drăgăşani hitherto unknown and unexamined. It belongs to the living area Geto-Dacian.
St century BCE-second century C.E.
- On the same places Russians living Gauls, who founded the settlement Rusidava, identified with the (district) Gârdeşti, south-west of the city. It is the area where the legendary Roman the emperor Galerius (306-311), whose mother was originally from the Rum River – legend Lord Dew being here originated.
- At Suteşti,near Drăgăşani, were reported ceramic iron tools (axes, etc.) Dacian belonging to this period.
After 106 C.E.
-The Romans conquering up with old settlement if Rusidava military camp – keeping its name, which locates camp on the banks of the river Olt Momoteşti. Around camp develops canabae and pagae (the term comes from the name Poganu on the left bank of the Olt), inhabited by locals and veterans. It retains traces of the Roman road in the content section. Rusidava camp will mention later Roman map known as Tabula Peutingeriana (see below).
Up to 119 C.E.
- Over the Olt, the Romans built a series of fortresses and defense surveillance, forming Limes alutanus, including Rusidava with the sudAcidava (Piatra Olt), north Pons Aluta (Ioneşti) Buridava (Govora).
- New was under Hadrian Dacia Inferior, residing at Rum,
- After 45 years, the name Dacia Inferior Malvensis (Rum – Malva) Rusidava territory part of the province.
The second half
- Made a map of Roman roads with
of sec. II C.E.
- Indication of localities. The segment included Rusidava VII. Map is called Tabula Peutingeriana, named after its discoverer, German humanist Konrad Peutinger (1465-1547), who published it for the first time.
- Carpii, free of rising Dacian from Roman Dacia, take a warlike expedition across River, plundering and laying waste the villages. One branch enters Olt up to Pons Aluta, burned and rebuilt afterwards. The expedition passed over Rusidava as well.
- Down from Transylvania on the Olt Valley army led by Joachim, Sibiu Committees, composed of Saxons, Romanian, and Hungarian Székely, heading toward Vidin to support tsar Borila (1207 – 1218), the successor of Ionita (1197 – 1207), against insurgents here.
1247 June 2
- Principality of Farcas. Mentioned in the Knights of St. Ioan Diploma offered by Bela IV, king of Hungary, to date, identified Valcea, included the territory of today’s DRAGASANI He incorporating town south Strejesti (Streajă) village that was part of Valcea, until the last century.
August 1st 1437
- Villages Dobruşa, Şerbăneşti, Mamu, near Drăgăşani are required by charter to that date vinăriciu – giving wine vineyards planted on the hills of străvechime Olt.
1505 July 2
- The first documentary of Gârdeşti village.
- The first documentary of Zlatari village.
1527 June 12
- The first documentary of Momoteşti village.
1535 June 7
- For the first time documentary appears Drăgăşani name in the charter Vintilă prince Vlad, who strengthens Fârtat governor or chief magistrate, among others, the village Drăgăşani old and right . Fârtat governor’s race is much older (XIV-XV).
1548 June 3
- The first mention of the village Suteşti – next Drăgăşani whose name leads to an old military formation.
January 9th 1581
- The first mention of the village Creţeni, where an exchange of properties occurs as a witness Fârtat.
1582 June 6
- A document from that time mentions “his side Barse” contained in Drăgăşani, from which comes the name Barsanu, the area north of the city.
1599 June 3
- A document from this time repeatedly and 1602 June 2 – talks about worship “before time” villages Drăgăşani Momoteşti and gypsy stables, Diocese
Râmnic, the nun Maria, descendant of the governor Fart, entered into monasticism. Drăgăşanii remain under dependence Râmnic to lasecularizarea wealth Diocese Church (1693).
- A series of royal chancery documents dating from this period, include indirect news about foreign invasion in these places – Momoteşti, Drăgăşani, Zlatarei, Calina, Daesti Berenice – “Turks and Tatars”, “liquor and Moldavian armies when he came Sir Simon mound in Romanian Country, “” evil-doers of another tribe, who made plunder, enslavement, residents took their possessions, they lose themselves in these circumstances, the books of estate, home, mastery, received were destroyed, “- for these reasons urging the rulers and giving them the others in place.
1667 August 13
- In a book mentioned Batca place at Drăgăşani, in another document it is called “Barce” (a translation of the same word), which gave the name “Batca estate” where the Batca Fountain (hence the same name) .
- Constantin Brâncoveanu is Drăgăşani, where the army reinforced by natives of the place, moving on the Olt Valley, in Transylvania, against the Imperials, who had gone to the prince to aga Constantin Bălăceanu giving struggling in Zarnesti (1690).
- Oltenia fall within the Habsburg Empire (Peace from Pasarowitz) for 20 years until 1739.
- Austrian rule set to Drăgăşani a checkpoint, border control with the right Slatina to Prundeni (12 hours away). Publican named Ladislaus Skor “Nobillus Valachus Transylvania.” He could speak the languages: Latin, German, Hungarian and Romanian.
- Virmontiană Conscription was established, after which Drăgăşani was a Bishop village with 165 families, and Gârdeşti – megies village with 116 families.
November 1722. 11
- Peasants deprived of land are required group work 1 day per week for the benefit of the owner.
November 1725. 22
- The Bishop of Râmnic, Damaschin, comes from General von Tige, commander of the occupying Austrian army, on printing religious books by sending him a gift ” Duo vasa bouni vinni ex nostrum Promontorium Dragasani…” (two dishes of wine from the hills DRAGASANI) .
September 1727. 25
- Drăgăşanii part of the post steward Iordache Fărcăşeanul – residing in Zavideni.
- The “Dragaschan” (in Austrian) was located captain Hohnrich company that proposed to build a barracks here.
1737 – 1738
- The clashes between Austrian and Turkish armies – Tartar in rural Drăgăşani Voiceşti and Slatina.
- Drăgăşani is fair, with an Episcopal house (was the site of present market), living church and a crossing over Olt river.
- Dumitraşcu Băbeanu and Vladut captain Tetoianu, choose the parts of the estate of freeholders Curăreşti, Ursăşti and Gârdeşti, Drăgăşani neighboring estate. Curăreştii was between Drăgăşani and Momoteşti; Ursăştii was included in the top Gârdeştii.
September 1784. 24
-Bishop Râmnic, Filaret, command water to be directed to the old Pesceana they see, from which had been diverted “during the past fight” (it’s Russo-Turkish War of 1768-1772) and “harm crops.”
-Insights on the Olt and the Jiu valley, the Austrian troops, under the command of Prince Hohenlohe (resident in Sibiu), directed against the Turks.
- The fair takes place in Drăgăşani, south of Valcea, one day a week is the holy estate of Bishops, which is called Batca” … says a document from this period.
Drăgăşani a functional school, requiring a local building.
- It is certified the school painters of the teacher Mincu at Gardesti.
- Invasion of Pazvantoglu over the Danube. The fair was robbed by Manat – Ibrakim. The villages Suteşti, Creţeni, Nemoiu suffered, too.
- They carry out a mapping of vineyards ward Râmnic from Drăgăşani.
28 to 29 May 1821
- Newcastle Tudor Vladimirescu killed in Targoviste, by the Olimpiotul, gather in Drăgăşani where got a brilliant victory against the Turks, exhausting the stock of bullets. They camp at the bridge green (Suteşti).The battles were given in Campia Ciocanului to Calina, Zavideni.
1821 June 7
- Etaireia army is defeated by the Turks. Sacred Battalion was completely destroyed, young Greeks died heroically on the field in western hearth Fair, where he is Braniştea cemetery. Alexander Ipsilanti, hetaeria army commander fled to Transylvania, dying in Vienna. In 1964, his remains will be flown to Athens.
In memory of the heroes of 1821, downtown street will be called Martiri Street (current street Mihăescu Gib). In 1884 they will dedicate a marble monument, built in the place of fighting.
Families Drăgăşani – by Philip, Dina Protopopescu, Ene Dumitru, Costache Sterian Setrar Toma, Paul Postelnicu, Petcu Chîrstea Philip Hantu, Avram Postelnic, Ion Mihalache, Theodore Abraham, Dumitru Tudor, because of war refuge in Transylvania, at Boiţa , Talmaciu and Cisnădie.
August 1827. 25
- By royal command, stops government interference in the affairs of the fair, which is property of Râmnic only it can manage, stewards, other officials, zapcii “unable to put taxes merchants, bakers, butchers, grocers, in its fair ”
October 1827. 12
-It was made a settlement for the market to come , payable to the land owner.
- In volunteers enrolled under the command Polcovnicul John Solomon
During the Russo-Turkish War of 1828-1829, joined 594 dolphins in Valcea county, among which are some from Gârdeşti and surrounding areas Voiceşti, Stăneşti, Meadow, Fumureni, Guşoieni, Amărăşti, Glăvile, taxation, Orleşti ..
- The Earth police, founded this year, comes a local man, Dobre Enciu.
- Open the persistence of “obraze” of the fair, a Romanian-Greek private school, he leads Ioan Gheorghiadis, teacher who teaches kids’ reading skills and writing on Romanian and Greek language “, in the first year 8 students (five and three Greek Romanian) store catalog with student names.
- New judges village for local reconciliation wherefores of lesser importance. At Drăgăşani-Barsanu, the jurors were Bleotu, Purcărescu Radu Stancu sin Stoian and Popa Zamfir, Gârdeşti – Matei Stirbu, Marin Davidescu, Dumitru Popa Găletaru and Stan at Momoteşti – Ion Globaşu, Andrei Stave and Teodor Plutaşu.
- A demographic statistics, gives Drăgăşani 30 Gypsy families of fireplace at Gârgeşti 8 “craftsmen ” and 2 gypsy at home.
- On the River Drăgăşani three water mills were installed with one stone.
August 7th 1833
- Drăgăşanii is divided into “two paints” (sectors) – red and green, and had 369 souls (219 men and 150 women), 83 families (65 in and 18 in the red paint green), 83 houses, 88 cattle, 44 cows, 68 sheep, 148 pigs.
- A statistical wells: the Gârdeşti, three wells under the hill and 8 deep wells in the village, the Momoteşti three wells, at Barsanu 14 wells.
- Map called Russian, gives Drăgăşani 135 houses at Barsanu 32 to 107 Gârdeşti at Momoteşti 42 at Zlatarei 31.
- Starosta of craftsmen had 72 patents.
- Fair Drăgăşani borrow magistrate Giurgiu, with 2363 lei in “revenue box” and over three years (1838) provide another loan of 2,000 lei Severin Fair committee of the inner Departament.
October 1836. 28th
- This is the local governing bodies of the borough council. Fair commissioners are Ion and Vasile Gheorghe Dumitriu. They are chosen from six candidates proposed at 1 year.
- It is proposed to set up a library in addition to school.
- Visit Grigore Alexandrescu with Ion Ghica. Grigore Alexandrescu writes poetry to Drăgăşani graves in evoking the battles Greece since 1821 and speaks in Memorial traveling.
- It works with Barsanu Drăgăşani elementary school with 56 students and a teacher Constantin Dobriceanu. The school in Gârdeşti have 40 students with Momoteştii.
- It is organized the National Guardia two sectors (“paint”) yellow and green.
1848 July 2
- The peasants on the estate Drăgăşani do not obey its tenant.
- Fair Drăgăşani has 54 families, subjected to forced labor, Gârgeşti 128 Momoteşti 40 Barsanu 119 Zlatari 100.
-The Commission denounces steering on County Fair, Ilie Breazu and Badea Cismaru to revolt because they beat Drănoveţeanu Commissioner Barbu and do not obey the commandments given to festive reception of Omer Pasha, visiting the county, are arrested and forwarded to the government.
- School in Drăgăşani was closed, the building was transformed into the “storehouse royal army” and then had to be repaired.The teacher school is T.Locusteanu. It is needed and place Subcârmuirii damaged during the occupation, after the revolution suppressed.
- Take being “inologhie Company” company – the first in Romanian – to prepare and wine trade, led by Frenchman Ioseph Condemine. Condemine is the owner of a personal interesting library of books on philosophy, history, science, atlases, maps .
- Efforts are being made to open the school.
- At the same time work school teacher Nicolae Ioanidis with 15 students, who taught writing, calligraphy, reading, “dictation” Greek – Romanian, arithmetic. The buyers were teacher’s supporters, while the clergy were against him making the next year to stop working, leaving only seminary school teacher (N.Bălăşescu).
January 5th 1850
- It is set up for the first ‘Cantor’ (office) postal dispatch, by the same Condemine.
- Residents fair Drăgăşani forward Romanian ruler, Barbu Dimitrie Ştirbei a request to redeem the land from the owner, to become free.
- Prince Barbu Dimitrie Ştirbei set in May 1852, the sum of £ 120,000 as the fair price of redemption and emancipation under dependence owner will also deal with measures to modernize systematization, with streets and markets. The lack of agreement between different categories of inhabitants of the fair – merchants on the one hand, the other tenants, the remaining inhabitants were of a different opinion – paralyzed until 1863, issue of empowerment fair.
1854 August 25
- As the war in the East (the Crimean War), the first hostilities on the Danube, Austrian armies went through Drăgăşani coming from Transylvania.
- In a situation of agricultural culture in Drăgăşani were plowed and sown with corn 446 acres to 560 Barsanu corn and 10 wheat to maize and 21 580 Gârdeşti wheat and Zlatarei 360, ½ corn and 1-2 of wheat.
21 to 22 July 1860
- Al. Odobescu accompanied by painter Trenk stop at Drăgăşani hosted by Aldemar Labouret, the French settled here, who was Condemine s son in law.
January 1861. 11
- They chose Drăgăşani village s advice composed of Ionita Orăscu – chief magistrate, the owners Gavriloiu Ionita, Mihai Radu, Ioan Edroiu – Members Community. First appears common name, administrative unit, instead of village.
- It is proposed to transform the fair in town, joining and Barsanu, a proposal rejected by county.
- Drăgăşani has 206 houses, 353 families and 102 contributors, Barsanu 168 houses, 141 families and 116 contributors, Gârdeşti 282 houses, 271 families and 180 contributors, Momoteşti 45 taxpayers; Zlătăreii 298 houses, 196 families and 176 contributors.
- New conflicts between tenant and estate residents in connection with corvee obligation.
- The School in Drăgăşani has 29 students, teacher Gr Grigorescu, Gârdeşti 39 students, teacher Marin Radulescu. In 1863 the Drăgăşani School has 37 students.
- Drăgăşanii are empowered under dependence tacitly land owners as a result of secularization law monastic property.
- In Drăgăşani town two primary schools operate:
- The guys with 83 students in classes I – III, the teacher and with the inventory Radu Risescu 9 banks, 1 sheet accounts with “picere” six maps, one seat;
- For girls with 34 pupils in class institution Eufrosina Mihailovici, who reported that the place is bad, with only two new banks, two old, one chair and two tables on inventory.
- Fair Drăgăşani turned Drăgăşani common with Gârdeşti local congregation, and Barsanu, Momoteşti has 830 homes and 614 families.
- The works of appropriation of ex peasents who were living on Drăgăşani estate owned by state, establishing payment arrangements. Their finalization lasted until 1873, when it draws up plan allotment.
-Dragasani wine and woven made the monastery Mamu, are sent to Bucharest to attend the World Exhibition in Paris the following year.
- It produces a movement among the workers, who were working on road Piatra Olt – Drăgăşani against entrepreneurs.
June 1st 1874
- New city cemetery, taking no longer able to bury the dead in churches in town contents;
- New Court Drăgăşani .
- It is built Batca Fountain, which has brought massive amounts of stone (9420 pounds) of Turkey from Rusciuk (Russian), transport on the Danube River and up to Slatina, and the spliced paths here, paying the 2 lei per 100 kg. Italian craftsmen to work with and have spent £ 6570.70.
- The requisition to Drăgăşami horses for military service.
- School of Drăgăşani turns 31 August in the hospital for the wounded. Hospitals and install “Drăgăşani mansion estate” (old market building demolished in 1947) and hermitages Şerbăneşti and Mamu. They care more than 300 injured. Hospital management has N Condemin. doctor who is the son of Joseph Condemine (see previous episode), in a second marriage with a Romanian.
Mai 1877 10/12
- Homeland Independence Day is celebrated for the first time.
1877 November 3
- Skinner in Drăgăşani manufactured coats for the military.
- Drăgăşani urban village has 4084 inhabitants.
- It is the company’s local committee Drăgăşani magazine “Literatorul” led by poet Al. Macedonski. Similar committees were formed in Rm Valcea and Craiova. The company’s purpose: “Fight for the Light”.
- It stands on the site of the Battle of Drăgăşani 1821 monument dedicated clashes
that year, known as “Monument hetaerist” initiative of Lt. Col. Demetrios Papazoglu former Army officer Earth from 1830.
December 1886. 13
- It gives into track Piatra Olt – Drăgăşani.
- At the Universal Exhibition in Paris, attended vineyard wines presented by Dănăriciu and Iordache Ionescu, this leading and renowned restaurant with Romanian cuisine and musicians, in Bucharest, attended by personalities weather. Hill had come to Grosar Olt.
- Mayor’s first urban public Drăgăşani: Revenue and expenses.
- During this period makes its appearance in phylloxera vineyard Drăgăşani Fumureni 1890 Lungesti, Zlatari 1891 Susan 1892 Drăgăşani 1895 – scourge completely destroyed vineyard. From 1895 to settle the fight triggered outbreaks and restoration.
- New local Department of Cultural League – League for the cultural unity of all Romanians (founded in 1890). Local section president Lazar Paul is vice president Paul Stanescu and Petcu Ioan. Secretary is Dr. I. Popovici, cashier Emil Marinescu, D. Constantinescu and Ghe.Şerbănescu. He worked until 1948.
1894 April 23
- Gib I. Mihăescu is born writer, lawyer, attorney John Mihăescu Stegaru son, the author of “La Grandiflora”, “Vedenia”, ” Pavilionul cu umbre”, “Bratul Andromedei”, “Zilele si noptile unui student intarziat”, ” Rusoaica “,”Femeia de ciocolata ,Donna Alba. He also wrote articles for publishing, some collected in the volume “today”, edited Cristev Diana, Collection Refunds, 1973, Bucharest. He died in October 1935.
- New State Nursery Drăgăşani to produce planting material, vegetable and fruit growing. The Viticultural Research Station log kept alive the first grafting.
- The exhibition jacks in Craiova, artisan N. Drăgăşani Curechianu of the prize for embroidered sheepskin.
At the same exhibition Tămâioasă wine from vineyards D. Simulescu get the highest price – 3.50 lei per liter.
- They built the Communal Palace.
- The village has 4118 inhabitants.
- The village has 4398 inhabitants.
- It begins to work Vocational School under the patronage of Valcea county Cultural Society (founded in 1898) based in Valcea. Vocational School premises operating in the State Nursery, assigned to school this year, located in the town square, which will be demolished in 1947.
-It starts to operate at Drăgăşani vocational school girls Valcea established in the year before (1902), under the same cultural societies mentioned. It is located on the current street Gib Mihăescu (School clock). During the war of 1916, there was Komandatura Germanic.
- The Corporate foundations of local craftsmanship united with 129 members and 29 apprentices patent, a year after the establishment of similar Corporation in Rm Valcea.
- Drăgăşănene Corporation has inaugurated a manufactured their own flag, involving sections Pitesti, Valcea and Slatina. Corporation had a chest type to keeping money and valuables (located at the museum in Rm Valcea).
12 to 14 March 1907
- Dispense the three companies Drăgăşani Regiment 2nd Regiment, with the number of 800 soldiers mobilized for action against insurgents in the area.
1907 March 19
- Rebels injured are hospitalized under guard in hospital Drăgăşani.
1907 March 23
- Is arrested as an instigator wog Ilie Stan-Vătafu. Movements and commotion surrounding areas: the Dumitreşti (over Olt) in Călina at Râmeşti, members and South County (Lalosu).
- Drăgăşanii had 6061 inhabitants.
- The first local print to typography “modern”, established by the bookseller and printer Adămoiu Ion Ionescu NM. Printing works up to war in 1916 when the owner is mobilized, dying on the front.
- Drăgăşanii had 6093 inhabitants.
- The first local newspaper for information entitled Drăgăşani by Ion Adămoiu.
- A local firm – N.C. Popescu-Portăreşti, get a patent for the use of shields against hail.
- It appears Gazeta Dragasani continuing intermittently until 1919 inclusive.
- It is a local trade union to defend workers’ interests.
November 1916. 8
- German troops enter the city. The day before had been blown up a section at the east of the iron bridge over the River Olt.
- New gymnasium union. Since 1923 started building its own premises (architect Capetti from Rm Valcea), completed in 1928.
December 1912. 21
- New House citizenship education “Union” for cultural education, mutual help, library, etc.. In 1924 it transformed into a cultural center. It has a sporadic activity, parallel Cultural League.
- New Apprentices School, the evening schedule, with apprentices from local Industrial workshops and boys shop. It was functional school boys no. 1 (of the market). The first director is Ion Popescu Ciaga – schoolmaster. Among teachers the writer Gib I. Mihăescu, Ion Mihăescu-Stegaru, av. C. Adamiade, Ion C. Vasile and others. It functioned until 1948, the year in which the education reform.
September 1923. 2
-It is placed the stone of primary school at St. Ilie (now N. Bălcescu) proposed for demolition after the 1977 earthquake.
September 1923. 17
- New mill – Sarpim -Society milling industry – by Nae Petcu Ioan (merchant) and T. Rosenthal (owner of a cooperage shop), then Mill River Olt (demolished).
- New Drăgăşani wine cooperative, with the aim of capitalizing vineyard wine products, nationalized in 1948.
April 1st 1933
- The paper- victory literary and artistic-as literary supplement of the number 4 of the local newspaper prospered with local collaborators: Ion M. Negreanu, N. Mazilu, V. Vermeşeanu (pseudonym Crîngu) and external Lascu , G.T. Niculescu – Varone, T . Păunescu , etc.. It was the only number.
October 1935. 19th
- Gib I.Mihaescu died in Bucharest buried in Drăgăşani. 3 months after his death (January 19, 1936) occurs first local symposium, which was spoken former friends and former colleagues of the writer. It was then also placed a commemorative plaque on the house writer Gib Mihaescu Street demolished after 1977 and located across the street from the judges (today the board is fixed on the wall of a building built that house instead). Also once you put a plaque and became a monument to the writer’s grave in the city cemetery.
October 1938. 6
- Ministry of Agriculture buying from Bulat,from Craiova, the vineyard Braniştea called Fairies on the Hill Olt, with the aim of establishing vineyards and wine-making-Drăgăşani Station (the first in the country), the Agricultural Research Institute of Romania, in order strengthening national heritage restoration and wine. On this occasion the magazine was printed under the auspices of “Romania wine” work “Drăgăşani Vineyard” (published in the magazine), which is the first monographic study – Contributions to the knowledge of vineyard Drăgăşani “the teacher IC Teodorescu.
April 1944. – May
- It is printed at the printing of Drăgăşani Curechianu magazine “wine Romania”, Journal of viticulture and oenology, with editorial and administrative Experimental Station of Viticulture and Oenology Drăgăşani in the eighth year of publication, evacuated here from the war. The journal is published under the direction of the same teacher, IC Teodorescu, who donated to the experiment station Drăgăşani Vineyard Library to documentary, wine character, which is now composed of over 2,000 volumes.
- Shopping first store state was opened in Drăgăşani Jiu-food store – in Rezarini ex houses, May 1st Street, corner of 23 August (King Charles Street today with street Gib Mihăescu).
1948 June 11
- Enter state property through nationalization act, this time local businesses, banking, pharmaceuticals, of which we mention a few: snake mill (Mill River) Drăgăşani Wine Company, wine cooperative, some local commercial shops, wine cellars : Levlez, Boţogan, V. Ionian Bank wine, Lazarus Oromolu (Mitrofani), which pass under the MAT Agency Drăgăşani, converted into liquor company and finally Enterprise Vine and Wine (IVV).
March 1st 1949
- The people’s assessors appointed for the first time in addition to the local court judges.
- New Technical Secondary School and Middle School Drăgăşani wine Voiceşti agricultural equipment that give the first highly skilled technicians in agriculture and viticulture specialist agronomists future.
September 1950. 16
- It is created the district administration in the region Drăgăşani Valcea administration
September 1952. 27th
- It is the established the administrative region Pitesti (Arges then) Drăgăşani district, keep this region to administrative-territorial reform in February 1968, when it established counties.
September 1961. 1
- Following the generalization of education for 8 years and 12 years working in Drăgăşani following schools:
- May 1st Elementary School (formerly School Geta, the current school Tudor Vladimirescu)
- Elementary School Market
- Elementary School. Bălcescu
- Elementary School Capu Dealului
- Elementary School Barsanu
- Elementary School Momoteşti
- Elementary School Rudari
- High School
- Technical School vines.
- New two collective farm cooperative C.A.C ( then cooperative farm – CAP) for agriculture in the contents section. Along side works G.A.S. then I.A.S. (Then state farm state agricultural enterprise).
- It appears the literary work of the novelist writer Gib Mihăescu 2 volumes – “La Grandiflora” and “Noaptea lumilor”, prefaced by critic Nicolae Manolescu, the library collection for all.
1968 Feb. 1
- The law on administrative – territorial organization of the Socialist Republic of Romania, Valcea city passes Drăgăşani re-established, in its entering town and village Zlatareii except Dobruşa village passing the village Ştefăneşti.
September 1968. 14
- It is the local Patriot Guard headquarters.
- Appears magazine “Gib Mihăescu” scientific culture trivia School Drăgăşani lithographed first 5 numbers. Also appears “Preludes” magazine Drăgăşani Agricultural High School, the first number lithographed.
- Went into production “Enterprise sole and rubber shoes” Drăgăşani first major local socialist enterprise (2000 employees).
- It takes place location and inauguration of the statue in the town square Tudor Vladimirescu.
- It was opened Drăgăşani Museum.
- It is created Gib Mihăescu Literary Foundation, which exists today (chairman since its establishment Dr. Valerian Dinculescu).
1994 May 30
- It takes place the writer Gib Mihăescu bust unveiled commemorating the 100th birthday of the writer, thanks to the efforts of the Foundation that bears his name and material supported National Bank Governor Mugur Isarescu from Dragasani as well.
- 460 years from the first document (June 7, 1535). Drăgăşani gets municipality.
- The reinstatement School Grigore Alexandru Ghica gendarmes.
- the town population is 20798 inhabitants.
- According to statistics provided by the County on the 1st of September , 2011,the population in Dragasani is 20058 inhabitants .